The world of internet is an imperative part of our life. From surfing, browsing, send mails and WhatsApp-ing, the medium of Internet helps in executing each and every activity. But what if, despite trying several times, your Phone says ‘Wi-Fi password is incorrect’? You would be down-ride frustrated as such trivial/technical problems pose to be a sheer wastage of time and efforts. So, to save you from this unusual problem, this article is here to assist you with the possible solutions for Resolving incorrect password Wi-Fi problem. Unveil them now.
Part 1. Restart Your iPhone
The first aid method for resolving any technical issue is forcing restart. So, even if you are trying hard to enter the right password and Wi-Fi keeps saying incorrect password then forcing restart may help you out. So, here is how you do it.
- Grab your iPhone and long press the ’Sleep/Wake’ button.
- The Power off screen will appear, simply tap on ‘slide to power off’.
- Now, hold the ‘Sleep/Wake’ again until the Apple logo surfaces over your iPhone’s display to turn it on.
Part 2. Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings may prompt to resolve iPhone’s issue with incorrect Wi-Fi Password. It will execute to clear away the saved network settings and passwords and bring your network settings back to factory settings. Just follow down the steps below.
- To mend the issue of iPhone’s Wi-Fi keeps saying incorrect password, simply head towards ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘General’ option.
- Head to the ‘Reset’ option now, select ‘Reset Network Settings’ followed by entering your passcode or passwords. Then, click on ‘Reset Network Settings’ for further confirmation.
Part 3. Forget the Wi-Fi Network and Re-Join
Usually when you link to a new Wi-Fi Network, by default your phone registers the password. But due to any circumstance, if you lose the connection, it becomes problematic, leading your iPhone to say Wi-Fi password is incorrect. So, you can try to re-establish the connection. Just perform the steps below.
- From your iPhone look out for, ‘Settings’> opt for ‘Wi-Fi’> tap on info button (the ‘i’ icon beside the Wi-Fi name’ and select ‘Forget This Network’.
- Wait for some time and then refresh the phone. Now opt for the same Wi-Fi network from the enlisted networks.
- Try logging in and check whether you are able to connect to the network or not.
Part 4. Restart the Wi-Fi Router or Modem
Do not fret if the above method doesn’t give you the desired results, chances are your modem must be at fault. So, resort to restarting the modem/router if you are tired of your iPhone is fretting you with incorrect Wi-Fi Password despite entering the correct ones. Simply, switch off the power supply of your modem/router and then prompt to restart it by switching on the power supply.
Part 5. isable Wi-Fi Assist
By trying out several trials, if still your phone showcases incorrect Wi-Fi password, fix the issue by disabling Wi-Fi Assist on your device. Just follow down the steps below.
- First and foremost, load ‘Settings’ on your iPhone and choose ‘Cellular’ option.
- Scroll down the list of application using cellular data and select ‘Wi-Fi Assist’. Just, turn it down so that your iPhone doesn’t automatically turn the data on.
Part 6. Force Restart Your iPhone
It is indeed tiring to see Wifi saying incorrect password, irrespective of the solutions you try out. So, to resolve the issue, forcing a restart on your iPhone may save you from the black and blues of ‘incorrect Wifi password’. Depending on your model, follow down the step to force restart on your device.
For iPhone 6/6S and older
Hold down the ‘Home’ and ‘Sleep/Wake’ keys for about some seconds. Lose hold of buttons until you are able to view Apple’s logo over the screen.
For iPhone 7 Plus
Press the ‘Sleep/Wake’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons until Apple’s logo surfaces over the screen.
For iPhone 8/8 Plus /X/XS/XR/XS Max
Since, home button is not available on iPhone 8 onwards the process will be a little different. So, tap on ‘Volume Up’ key and lose fingers from it quickly. Now, repeat the same procedure with ‘Volume Down’ key. Lastly press ‘Sleep/Wake’ key till you see the sign of Apple’s logo on your respective model.
Part 7. Change the Wi-Fi Password
If nothing seems to work out, you can consider changing password of the Wi-Fi network you are working with. Then, re-login and view whether incorrect password issue is working. Perhaps, it would prove to resolve the issue of iPhone saying Wi-Fi password is incorrect!
We know how irksome it gets down the spine when despite entering the correct password, your Wi-Fi keeps saying incorrect password. Accordingly, we’ve laid down some couple of methods fruitful in resolving the issues. One must try and test all the methods and enlighten us which method proved to be useful for by writing us at the comments section right below!