Unexpected turbulences or technical glitches are problematic in nature. Any of which hurdles the work altogether. One such problem is iTunes error 0xE800015 surfacing while restoring or updating iPhone. It is one of the common issues, reportedly witnessed by a couple of users. Well, it usually occurs when iPhone/ iPad is disabled, the iDevice fails to sync computer or due to faulty ports. This ends up in iTunes stating ‘iTunes error 0xE800015’ or display ‘iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, an unknown error occurred error (0xE800015)’. We understand it’s very fretting to face these irksome. But, to cool your stress down, we’ve got you covered with some of the best fixes to assist you. Want to know? Stay tuned till the end.
Part 1. Re-establish internet connection
The very first pre-requisite is to have a firm Internet connection so as the iTunes load and runs without any error. Hence, ensure to have a stable internet connection to carry forward activities in iTunes. For this, you can restart your router and then check if the process goes smoothly. Also, try disabling and enabling the cellular data or Wi-Fi on your device and then check if everything settles down.
Part 2. Put your phone into Recovery Mode
To put your iPhone into Recovery mode, ensure to slide off the windows firewall or any security software so as to perform Recovery Mode conveniently.
iPhone 6s and below:
- Firstly, switch off iDevice and press ‘Home’ key. Ensure iTunes is working in background and then attach iPhone with PC by lightning cable.
- Ensure to hold ‘Home’ key until ‘Connect to iTunes’ message is displayed.
- Press ‘Volume Down’ key after turning off device. Now, connect iPhone and Pc/Mac while iTunes continues to work in background.
- When ‘Connect to iTunes’ displays over, release ‘Volume Down’ button.
iPhone 8 or above:
- Click on ‘Volume Up’ key>‘Volume Down’ key. Now, hold ‘Power’ key until ‘Connect to iTunes’ displays.
Part 3. Free up storage on iPhone
If your iPhone is running out of storage, then get rid of the unnecessary items you no longer need. Thus, restoring or updating iPhone with iTunes would become free from iTunes error 0xe8000015. You can check the storage from your Settings and then delete the unimportant files accordingly.
Part 4. Reset your phone in DFU mode
You must slide off in Windows firewall or any security software and then head on to reset iPhone in your DFU mode. Just follow the steps down for resolving iTunes error 0xe8000015.
- Using USB cable, connect iPhone with Mac/Pc.
- Now grab our device and perform this:
For iPhone 6/6 Plus:
- Press the ‘Sleep/Wake’ and ‘Home’ buttons altogether for nearly 10-12 seconds.
- Now, lose fingers from Sleep/Wake button not the other button. Once your iPhone turns black, it is directed to DFU mode.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus:
- The steps are almost same as above. All you need is to replace the ‘Home’ button with the ‘Volume Down’ button
For iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- Hold and release Volume Up button and repeat the same with Volume down button and then with side button till the screen goes all black.
- Now, hold volume down button while keeping firm the side button.
- Past a couple of seconds, release the ‘Power’ button only until iPhone’s screen shows up in iTunes.
- Release hold from volume buttons and your phone will be turned to DFU mode successfully.
Once device is in DFU mode, launch iTunes where “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes” will display. Tap on ‘Restore’ to finish off the process.
Part 5. Restart your device or iTunes
One of the organic means of resolving any type of issue or iTunes error like 0xe8000015, is restarting your device that may fetch you error-free experience. Similarly, reload iTunes by exiting its window and re-logging in.
Part 6. Try a new charge cord to computer
Strangely enough, in some computers, the iTunes does not get sync in well and surface iTunes error 0xe8000015 error! Even, faulty cables are the culprits for interfering in the connection of iTunes. Thus, ensure to make use genuine cable and work in a different computer.
Part 7. Update iTunes to the latest version
Usually, iTunes error 0xe8000015occurs when iTunes is not updated to upgraded version. So, to avoid any of such error, always work in an updated iTunes version. Here are the following steps for the respective operating systems.
Launch iTunes and tap on ‘iTunes’ menu followed by clicking on Check for Updates’ option, Apple’s servers will now look out for the latest updates.
Launch iTunes and click on ‘Help’ menu from the main page. Select ‘Check for Updates’ and this will direct iTunes to draw link to Apple’s servers and look out for updates. Now, you can follow the prompts if there is an update available on your iTunes.
Part 8. Reset iTunes lockdown folder
When iTunes fails to connect to iPhone, the iTunes error 0xe8000015 takes place. To resolve it down, reset iTunes lockdown folder from your system. Upon deleting it, iTunes renew directory by starting the lockdown folder.
- Firstly, click on the magnifying glass icon and click on ‘Start’ button from your PC if you are using Windows 10, 8 or 7. For Windows XP click on ‘Start’> click on ‘Run’ and type in ‘%ProgramData%’ and press the Return button.
- Now, visit ‘Apple’ folder and remove ‘Lockdown’ folder.
- Visit ‘Finder’ click on ‘Go to Folder’ under ‘Go’ option. Now, enter ‘private/var/db/lockdown’. Press on the ‘Return’ button and click on ‘view’ icon. You will be able to view the files.
- Now remove the files available in Lockdown folder. Please ensure not to delete the Lockdown folder.
In this article, we’ve witnessed a couple of solutions to unwind iTunes error in 0xe8000015 in your respective iPad and iPhone7/8. One can try out their hand in the aforementioned methods and free their iTunes with any errors or interruptions. For any queries, feel free to write us by the comments section.