In our life, things must be sorted and cause no hassle. Anything that is problematic, buzzes us off. Whether it’s your application, operating system or phone – it hampers the smooth flow, altogether. You get irritated by the sight of application frequently crashing on your Android phone, screwing your mind and spine altogether. And if this situation is prevalent on your Android phones, then we are here to assist you how to deal with application crashing on your Android phone. You will view a couple of methods useful in resolving the applications crashing matter completely.
Part 1. Why Apps Crash?
We understand it little too fretting to experience your favorite Android apps crashing down enormously. Now, before you jump on to the solutions, you must first know why does your favorite app ditches you and not open. One of the prime reasons is when you update your device’s software, you forget to load the app updates from Play store. Maybe, the internet connection is not working great in your phone. Or your Android phone is too clogged with stuff-photos, videos, documents, applications that end up in crashing your Android phone.
Part 2. Solutions to Fix Apps Keeps Crashing
Now that you are acquainted with the nature of why app crashes on your Android phone, you can now proceed with the in-depth solutions that can resolve your Android apps from crashing.
2.1 Try Reinstall App
To end application crashing in your Android phones, try reinstalling the application(s) and then download the latest version of the application available in the Google Play store. The following method will teach you how to uninstall application that is troubling you.
- Head on to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Application Manager’ or ‘Apps’ from the main menu.
- From the following window, tap on the app you want to uninstall, for instance, MX Player.
- Then, click on ‘Uninstall’ to brush away the App from your device.
Wait for a couple of minutes then reinstall by:
- Going to Play Store and search for the App and hit on ‘Install’.
- Optionally, trace the deleted app from ‘My apps and games’ of Play store.
2.2 Force Restart on your device
It can be the background application taking the front foot and causing problems in launching the application you desire. So, to revive the Android application that is crashing, restart your Android phone may prove to be useful.
To perform restart, simply hold power button of your Android phone. The options will come for ‘Restart’, just tap on it and your device will be rebooted.
Once the phone kick-starts, try to load the application again. If this method doesn’t help out, try using the following ones.
2.3 Ensure speedy Internet connection
Apps running on internet connection may keep crashing down on Android especially, if you are on cellular network data. Therefore, try switching to Wi-Fi. If the application still does not load, make use of the following method:
- For a couple of seconds, turn off your Mobile Data/Wi-Fi Router.
- Then, restart your device by pressing power button > ’Reboot’.
- Now, turn on Mobile Data or the router and then connect to your remote Wi-Fi.
If the problem persists, make use of another network connection.
2.4 Wipe out App and Cache data
If Apps keep crashing on Android, there is a good chance of your device having unnecessary cache data of application data that may be causing a hindrance for the application to load. For that, just follow the instruction manual for clearing cache that is corrupted.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Apps’ featuring in the ‘Android Manager’ option.
- From the following list, opt for the app that crashes followed by tapping on ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’.
2.5 Make space on your Android phone
Do you see that label ‘System Space storage’ icon on the top on your screen? Then, it is indicative of how much storage you have taken in-use. We all can run out of storage space as we’ve a couple of files, videos, photos, documents etc- grasping all the space. This comes in way to other applications and crashes them on Android phone.
It is advisable to uninstall/delete the unnecessary stuff from your phone and transfer it to desirable cloud service! Also, make use of SD card to save the stuff there. In order to migrate the existing data to external SD card – follow the steps!
- Go to ‘Settings’ and locate for ‘Application Manager’.
- Now, click on the applications, you wish to migrate and tap on ‘Move to SD Card’.
2.6 Perform Factory Reset
If the aforementioned methods fall futile, then you can switch to perform factory reset on your device. It will completely delete all the data, settings, application etc. on your device and prompt your device back to factory state level and may resolve applications crashing on your Android phone.
Note: Before Factory resetting your Android phone, ensure to maintain the backup of your data.
The following method will enlighten you how.
- Grab your Android phone and visit ‘Settings’.
- Now, tap on ‘Backup and Reset’ option.
- From there, select the ‘Factory data reset’ option and tap on ‘Reset phone’ to fully reset your device.
In a brief manner, the Android apps that are crashing on your device can be mended with the methods described above. If any method doesn’t help out, make use of the other. For more queries, feel free to connect to us via comments section.