Fixes for Apps Keep Crashing on Android Devices
In our lives, things must be sorted and cause no hassle. Anything that is problematic, buzzes us off. Whether it’s your application, operating system, or phone – it hampers the smooth flow, altogether. You get irritated by the sight of apps crashing on your Android device, screwing your mind and spine altogether. If this situation is prevalent on your Android phones, then we are here to assist you in dealing with the application crashing on your Android phone. You will view a couple of methods useful in resolving the application’s crashing matter completely.
Part 1. Why do Apps Crash?
We understand it little too fretting to experience your favorite Android apps crashing down enormously. Now, before you jump on to the solutions, you must first know why does your favorite app ditch you and not open. One of the prime reasons is when you update your device’s software, you forget to load the app updates from the Play store. Maybe, the internet connection is not working great on your phone. Or your Android phone is too clogged with stuff-photos, videos, documents, and apps that end up crashing your Android phone.
Part 2. Solutions to Fix Apps Keep Crashing On Android Devices
Now that you are acquainted with the nature of why the app crashes on your Android phone, you can proceed with the in-depth solutions that can prevent your Android apps from crashing.
2.1 Try Reinstall App
To end the application crashing in your Android phones, try reinstalling the application(s) and then download the latest version of the application available in the Google Play store. The following method will teach you how to uninstall an application that is troubling you.
- Head on to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Application Manager’ or ‘Apps’ from the main menu.
- From the following window, tap on the app you want to uninstall, for instance, MX Player.
- Then, click on ‘Uninstall’ to brush away the App from your device.
Wait for a couple of minutes then reinstall by:
- Go to Play Store and search for the App and hit on ‘Install’.
- Optionally, trace the deleted app from ‘My apps and games’ of the Play Store.
2.2 Force Restart on your device
It can be the background application taking the front foot and causing problems in launching the application you desire. So, to revive the Android application that is crashing, restarting your Android phone may prove to be useful.
To perform a restart, simply hold the power button of your Android phone. The option will come for ‘Restart’, just tap on it and your device will be rebooted.
Once the phone kick-starts, try to load the application again. If this method doesn’t help out, try using the following ones.
2.3 Ensure a speedy Internet connection
Apps running on an internet connection may keep crashing down on Android especially, if you are on cellular network data. Therefore, try switching to Wi-Fi. If the application still does not load, make use of the following method:
- For a couple of seconds, turn off your Mobile Data/Wi-Fi Router.
- Then, restart your device by pressing the power button > ’Reboot’.
- Now, turn on Mobile Data or the router and then connect to your remote Wi-Fi.
If your apps are still crashing on Android, make use of another network connection.
2.4 Wipe out the App and Cache data
If Apps keep crashing on Android, there is a good chance of your device having unnecessary cache data of application data that may be causing a hindrance for the application to load. For that, just follow the instruction manual to clear the cache that is corrupted.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Apps’ featuring in the ‘Android Manager option.
- From the following list, opt for the app that crashes followed by tapping on ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’.
2.5 Make space on your Android phone
Do you see the label ‘System Space storage’ icon on the top of your screen? Then, it is indicative of how much storage you have taken in use. We all can run out of storage space as we have a couple of files, videos, photos, documents, etc.- grasping all the space. This comes in the way of other applications and crashes them on Android phones.
It is advisable to uninstall/delete the unnecessary stuff from your phone and transfer it to the desirable cloud service! Also, make use of an SD card to save the stuff there. In order to migrate the existing data to an external SD card – follow the steps!
- Go to ‘Settings’ and locate ‘Application Manager’.
- Now, click on the applications, you wish to migrate and tap on ‘Move to SD Card’.
2.6 Perform Factory Reset
If the aforementioned methods fall futile, then you can switch to performing a factory reset on your device. It will completely delete all the data, settings, applications, etc. on your device prompt your device back to the factory state level, and may resolve applications crashing on your Android phone.
Note: Before Factory resetting your Android phone, ensure to maintain the backup of your data.
The following method will enlighten you how.
- Grab your Android phone and visit ‘Settings’.
- Now, tap on the ‘Backup and Reset’ option.
- From there, select the ‘Factory data reset’ option and tap on ‘Reset phone’ to fully reset your device.
In a brief manner, the Android apps that are crashing on your device can be mended with the methods described above. If any method doesn’t help out, make use of the other. For more queries, feel free to connect to us via the comments section.