How to Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
The by-product of technology – Android phones have been booming since they were unleashed. The majority of people from all walks of life are glued to their Android smartphones. With its ease and fun access to millions of apps, it’s the best thing one can get. But what if it stuck to a different chord and ended up displaying an Android blue screen of death all of a sudden? Distressing, isn’t it? Well, the Android screen of death is mainly encountered when you press the power on button, but your device fails to boot up and ends up stuck at the plain blue screen.
We understand how difficult it can go down to your side and cause discomfort to you. So, in order to fix the Android blue screen problem, we’ve enlisted an array of quick fixes to resolve the issue completely. Go on and unveil them now!
Part 1. Remove the battery to fix the blue screen of death
If you are fed up with encountering the Android blue screen of death quite often, then resolve this stubborn issue by trying your hand at removing the battery.
Note: Only if your phone has a removable battery, only then can you uncover the battery with ease.
Just follow the steps below:
- To begin with, grab your Android device, turn it around, and carefully take off your back cover.
- From the slot, slide away the battery easily. If any speck of dust is spotted, clean it with a soft cloth.
- Now, allow your phone to refresh by leaving your phone for 5-10 minutes.
- After that, place the battery into the phone again, followed by putting the back cover.
- Lastly, resort to restarting your phone to check your phone screen has no visible sign of Android screen of death.
Part 2. Force Restart on your Android
Performing a force restart is a standard solution for various Android issues, including the Blue Screen of Death. This results in a complete halt on the background application, stuck issues, and revamps the issue of the Android screen of death effortlessly. For relatively all the Android phones, simply perform the steps mentioned below:
- Grab your Android phone and hold down the ‘Volume Down and ‘power buttons’ until the device prompts to FastBoot mode at a quick pace.
- Release your fingers from the buttons and continue pressing the ‘Power’ button to direct your phone back to normal mode.
Part 3. Remove the SIM/SD card and re-insert it
The SD card poses a problem in rare phenomena and gives rise to the problem. This can be one of the reasons why your Android blue screen of death arises. So, to prevent it from happening, you can re-launch the SIM/ SD card.
Depending upon the models, use the steps wisely.
For older versions:
- Remove your back cover and slide off the battery.
- You will see the ‘SIM’ and ‘SD card’ slots. Carefully take it off.
- Hold down for a while and then re-insert it.
For the latest versions:
- Pin up your SIM Tray from the side panel of your Android phone.
- Easily remove the SD card and SIM, respectively.
- Leave it on for some time and then place it back again!
See if this method works out for you, or else proceed with the next solution.
Part 4. Fix the Android Blue Screen of Death by Using Factory Reset
Performing a factory reset should be considered a last resort since it erases all data on your device. If other methods fail, you can attempt a factory reset through the device’s recovery mode. With a factory reset, your phone will go into complete factory mode. Not only will it remove the problem of the Android blue screen of death but all the contents, settings, accounts, etc., from your phone.
Note: It is highly mandatory to maintain the backup of your Android phone if you don’t want to lose any data. And restore the contents afterward.
Now, make use of the steps mentioned below for entering an Android phone via recovery mode to accomplish the process of factory reset.
- First and foremost, boot your Android phone to recovery mode by holding the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Power’ buttons together, and you will be entered into the Recovery mode.
Note: The steps may vary for different devices. Make sure to check the steps for your device before you proceed.
- After that, choose the ‘Wipe Data/Factory reset’ option enlisting from the lists of alternatives by using the Volume Down/Up button.
- On reaching the option using the Volume button, press the Power button and patiently wait for the resetting process to finish.
- The last method is choosing a reboot system for restarting your Android phone.
Part 5. Update OS to Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
To resolve the persistent problem of the Android screen of death, you can consider updating your operating system. Here is how you can perform this method:
- Open your Android phone and go to ‘Setting’. From there, tap on ‘About Phone/Tablet’ enlisted in the options.
- Although the device to device varies the options, simply opt for ‘Software Update’ or any option similar to it.
Part 6: Seek Professional Guidance
If you’re unable to resolve the issue on your own, it’s advisable to seek help from a professional technician or your device manufacturer’s customer support. They can provide tailored solutions or arrange for repairs if a hardware issue is identified.
Experiencing the Android Blue Screen of Death can be alarming, but by following these steps, you increase your chances of resolving the issue. Start with less invasive methods, such as removing the battery or performing a force restart, and gradually progress to more drastic measures like a factory reset if needed. Keeping your device’s software up to date is also crucial in preventing such issues in the future. To conclude, we’ve covered 6 ways of fixing the Android blue screen problem. If the problem persists, it’s advisable to seek professional assistance or contact the device manufacturer’s support. For more suggestions or queries, comment below!