iTunes Error 13014: Proven Solutions Offered!
The iTunes error 13014 has been in rounds for all the wrong reasons. For it cripples in between the smooth working of iTunes and out of the blue moon showcases ‘iTunes Error 13014’ over your screen. If you happen to be a victim of the same or seek a couple of methods that could help in troubleshooting, then we are gladdened for you landing in a perfect place. This article will undo the wreaking problem of iTunes error 13014.
Part 1. Problems and Causes Related to Error 13014
In general terms, this error stems out when one is trying to sync music to your iOS device. There are times when your hard drive memory is running sluggish. Also when your respective device is unable to sync with iTunes, you will see ‘iPhone cannot be synced’ message. There are other adverse situations like being unable to copy a song to your device.
- The most common cause of iTunes error 13014 is malware or virus as it infects your computer or PC.
- Sometimes, mistake deletion of files associated with iTunes or abrupt deletion of files may pose problems too.
- When the download of iTunes is corrupted and leads to unsuccessful deletion of iTunes.
- Any changes made in iTunes software or Windows directly impacting the Windows registry can also be responsible for the occurrence of error 13014 code.
Part 2. Solutions to Fix iTunes Error 13014
Now that you are well versed with the nitty-gritty with iTunes error 13014, here are the couple of fixes for the same.
Method 1: Free up storage in hard drive
For smoother functioning of your PC, you must ensure that your hard drive is cooled a bit. Usually, the loaded hard drive becomes a leading cause of iTunes error 13014. Just keep minimal stuff stashed in your PC and rid yourself from any unnecessary item, data folder to resolve iTunes error 13014.
Method 2: Reinstall the latest version of iTunes to fix iTunes error 13014
There are times that you experience interrupted iTunes service. This can be due to corrupted downloads, unsuccessful installations resulting to an iTunes 13014 error. Hence, reinstalling latest version of iTunes is of vital importance. Just follow down the following methods in the said order.
To uninstall iTunes
- Key in ‘Windows’ + ‘X’ together and head on to ‘Control Panel’.
- Select the ‘Programs and Features’ option and locate ‘iTunes’.
- Click the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Once iTunes is uninstalled, proceed with ‘Restart’ to restart PC.
- From your Mac PC, go to the ‘Applications’ folder and right click on ‘iTunes.app’ and go to ‘Get Info’.
- Click on the padlock icon and type in the admin’s password.
- Hit the ‘Read & Write’ option under the ‘Sharing & Permissions’ option and continue with the ‘Everyone’ option.
- Now, exit the ‘Get Info’ window and push iTunes to ‘Trash’. Ensure to empty the trash afterwards.
Now, remove iTunes components in order-wise from Windows computer only:
- Brush away ‘iTunes’.
- Then delete ‘Apple Software Update’ and ‘Apple Mobile Device Support’.
- After that, remove ‘Bonjour’ and tap on ‘Apple Application Support 32-bit’.
- Lastly, get rid of ‘Apple Application Support 64-bit’.
Note: In case you view Apple Application Support or iTunes, remove them right away.
Reinstall iTunes latest version:
- Now, launch iTunes on your PC and explore the iTunes setup file.
- Right-click on iTunes setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
- Visit the ‘Compatibility’ option and hit on ‘Run this program in Compatibility mode’ and then proceed to install iTunes.
- First of all, load ‘App Store’
- Search for ‘Update’ or ‘Software Update’ option for OS X lower than Mountain Lion.
- Get-set-download iTunes right away!
Method 3: Quit and reopen iTunes, restart your computer also
Sometimes reviving the working of a faulty iTunes can be successfully done by quitting iTunes application and restart the PC right away. After your computer reboots successfully, try launching iTunes and build a connection with the system afterward may help brush away the error 13014.
Method 4: Disable anti-virus software temporarily
The anti-virus software may infer in between the smooth working of iTunes error 13014. Disabling it may stand as a viable option. But before proceeding to it, you must ensure to exit from iTunes so as to avoid any forthcoming issue. After iTunes disables successfully, head on to the anti-virus settings of your PC and then disable it. Depending upon your software, make use of its own guide and thorough process.
Method 5: Delete Genius files in the iTunes library
As the name ‘Genius’ suggests its functionality, it is flared to make amazing playlists and search out new tracks which one can easily explore from the iTunes store. However, the major drawback of this feature is it eats out a good chunk of space over iTunes screen. So, if you aren’t a regular user of this, try removing it. If iTunes unknown error 13014 is still prevalent then completely delete it from your PC.
Here is how
- Switch off Genius on Mac/Windows PC:
Click on ‘File’ and surf for ‘Library’ and then proceed with ‘Turn Off Genius’. This will prompt Genius to stop inferring with iTunes.
- Remove Genius by ‘Delete’:
Visit C:\Users\[username]\Music\iTunes\’ and explore ‘Genius. it’s and delete the iTunes Library file. Now, delete file and empty the ‘Recycle Bin’. Reboot Windows PC afterward.
Having Mac OS:
Go to ‘~/Users/[username]\Music/iTunes/’ and search the iTunes Library file. Delete the iTunes Library ‘Genius. itdb’ file and free up Mac computer’s ‘Trash’ and then reboot your Mac.
Method 6: Unplug your iPhone/iPad/iPod
Do you feel done seeing no problem arising in software or any internal related problem? Then, the issue is not anywhere but in your iPhone accessories. As you may witness, iTunes might not be able to read the data or fail to perform syncing. Hence, to avoid iTunes unknown error 13014 glitches, consider using a genuine Apple cable to establish the connection of your iPhone with iTunes.
We understand how iTunes unknown error 13014 can jerk you out so badly. That can land you in the never-ending loop of stuck issues. While syncing to iPhone/iPad, this issue completely halts iTunes. Thus, the aforementioned methods will aid in giving you an error-free iTunes. In case a method or two fails to work, you can consider using other methods as well! For any correspondence, comment below!