4 helpful solutions to fix Face ID that’s Not Working On iPhone iOS 13
Normal glitches and problems can occur at any random point. One such is when you’re trying to use the Face ID but the message of “Face ID is not available”, or “Try Setting up Face ID later” comes up. This follows right after you’ve updated to the latest iOS 13 beta version. Well, to report this error, we’ve collated down 4 useful means of fixing this issue completely. Follow these fixes for Face IS not working on iPhone X.
Part 1. Make sure this trouble is not caused by other problems.
There are several reasons why your face ID can’t work after updating to iOS. Below are the enlisted scenarios where Face ID does not work on iPhone:
- Ensure that the TrueDepth camera is not covered with any case or screen protector so that it is able to detect your device.
- See if your iPhone is placed in the right orientation especially when you are using the Portrait mode.
- Your eyes, nose, and mouth are clearly visible to the TrueDepth camera.
- While you are out in the sun, make sure the sun is not behind you.
- Make sure that the device is placed at arm’s length, about 10-20 inches from your face.
Part 2. Try to reboot your iPhone
If the Face ID can’t work after updating to iOS 13, one of the prime solutions to resolving this problem is by rebooting your respective iPhone. This allows us to combat any small glitches that might be hampering Face ID. For different models, we’ve collated the steps right below:
Restart iPhone X/ XR/XS:
- Hold and press the “Side” button and either the volume down until the power off slider appears over your screen.
- Slide the slider to switch off the device completely off.
- Once the device switches off, just hold the “Side” button again after you see the Apple logo glows over the screen.
Restart iPhone 8 or previous versions:
- Just hold the “Top” or “Side” button until the power off slider surfaces over.
- Simply, drag the slider to turn off your device.
- After the device is turned off, hold the “Top” or “Side” button again until the “Apple” logo comes up.
Part 3. Reset Face ID on your iPhone
One way to fix the Face IS not working on iPhone X glitch is by resetting the existing Face ID available on your iPhone. By opting for this means, you can completely discard all the Face IDs and set afresh. Just follow the steps mentioned below to reset the Face ID on your iPhone.
- Load the “Settings” app from the home screen or app drawer.
- Pick the “Face ID & Passcode” option.
- Under this option, select “Reset Face ID”.
- Then, click on the “Set up Face ID”.
- After that, follow the on-screen commands for resetting the Face ID.
Quickly reboot the iPhone. Check if the problem with the iPhone is working on iPhone X or not.
Part 4. Register a new face ID appearance
Ever since your device has been updated to iOS 13, you’ve been trying to use the Face ID but that just doesn’t work out for you. You know, sometimes your iPhone might find it hard to recognize your face or appearance. Sounds crazy? Well, it is. But, no problem, you can register for a new Face ID by following the steps mentioned below:
- Just, go to the “Settings” menu from your iPhone.
- Pick the “Face ID & Passcode” option and click on the “Set up an Alternate Appearance” option.
- While, setting the face, just make sure your face is in the right direction.
Part 5. Reset all settings on your iPhone iOS 13
The settings used in your iPhone can be the prime cause of why Face ID can’t work even after updating to iOS 13. You might have set any settings that would be coming in between the normal functioning of Face ID. The best way to deal with this problem is to reset all the settings on your iPhone iOS 13. This will prompt the settings to factory state. It’s really simple, follow the steps right below-
- On your iPhone, just go to “Settings” and pick the “General” option.
- Select the “Reset” option and click on “Reset All Settings”.
The settings available on your device will now be deleted completely. Try to use the Face ID now and see if it is working on iPhone iOS 13.