Part 1: What is Instagram Monetization
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for monetizing content creation with over 1 billion monthly active users. Instagram’s sole focus is not just on generating sales but more on promoting products/services through content. That’s why creating content on Instagram has become convenient and easy with upgraded features of Instagram.
Instagram monetization refers to the practice of earning money through Instagram. You can generate revenue on Instagram via content creation, ads, brand collaborations, paid promotions, and much more.
Part 2: Ways to Monetize Instagram
Ever since Instagram transitioned into a creator-focused social media platform, they have introduced and tested various tools for monetization. Some get endured on the platform while others are terminated.
Following are some groundbreaking methods to understand how to earn money from Instagram reels, stories, and posts.
Way 1: Join an Affiliate Program
Through an Affiliate program, you can get a commission of some amount every time someone buys a product using your affiliate links. You just have to market the product on your account and share an affiliate link or a discount with your followers.
Monetization opportunities on Instagram have drastically increased after the pandemic. This is due to the latest features introduced to add links to stories/bios.
- Rich, and high-quality content.
- Open affiliate settings under the professional dashboard to check whether you are eligible for affiliate programs.
- If you are not eligible for affiliate programs, you can request the Instagram team for a review.
- Always follow Instagram’s Monetization policies and community guidelines.
- Be true to your audience when you are marketing any product.
- You can also use the paid partnership label.
Way 2: Collaborate with Brands
Brand collaboration is primarily the most common method that comes to mind when talking about Instagram Monetization. In collaboration, you work with brands where you charge for promoting their products.
Brand collaboration is one of the easiest ways to monetize your online presence and make a handsome profit by becoming a brand ambassador. The best part of brand work is that you can expose yourself to a bigger audience and increase your visibility on the platform. Moreover, by working with reputed brands, influencers can establish themselves as a credible and trustworthy creator of their niche.
- Always use paid partnership labels in posts or stories that are sponsored either through payment or brand products.
- There are no such criteria for a specific follower count. However, you should have at least 10,000 followers.
- You should have at least 10,000 quality followers.
- Be prepared to reach out, pitch, and negotiate with potential brands.
Way 3: Earn Live Badges
Do you love going live on Instagram? Now, there is a chance to earn money while going live with your audience. Badges are a monetization tool that allows creators to make money from the content they are creating without depending on brands and other income sources.
When the creator goes live, their audience has the option to buy badges. These badges are available for viewers with different price tiers, offering a wide range of options to the audience of any particular creator. Once a viewer buys a badge, the badge starts to appear beside the viewer’s name in the chat or comments of the live stream of the creator.
Steps to set up your Instagram account for badges:
- Open “Profile.”
- Choose “Professional Dashboard.”
- Tap “Set Up Badges.”(Note: you will only see this option if you are eligible)
- Set up all payment-related details.
- Then, Go live.
- Your age must be above 18 years.
- You should not have followers less than 10,000.
- You should own a creator or business account.
- Always stick to the Content Guidelines set by Instagram.
- Be based in the United States.
Way 4: Offer Paid Subscription
This Instagram monetization method allows creators to launch paid subscriptions for their audience. A viewer with a subscription can access exclusive content of their favorite creator.
Apart from just being an earning opportunity on Instagram, it also allows creators to build a more intimate and strong community and share exclusive content only with their die-heart fans.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to the “Profile” option.
- Tap on “Professional Dashboard.”
- Tap “Subscriptions.”
After this, you can set the pricing of your subscriptions, keep a record of your earnings, and more.
- Must have 10,000 followers.
- 18 years of age or more is mandatory.
- Should be based in the US.
Way 5: Earn Milestone Bonus
Instagram launched a bonus program to reward creators when they achieve certain milestones by their performance on the platform. Reel Play is one of those bonus programs that lets the creator earn money for the number of plays on their reels. Therefore, more views on a reel get you more money. This encourages creators to provide quality content on the platform.
- You should have authentic engagement.
- You should be a well-established creator on Instagram.
- Follow community guidelines.
Way 6: Enable Ads on Reels
This Instagram monetization method includes advertisements. These ads are tied up along the Instagram reels that appear after or before an Instagram reel. These ads are short videos. They help creators to reach more people and earn more money by engaging content. These ads may also appear between posts.
Hence, enabling ads on your Instagram profile can generate more revenue depending on the views and engagement on your content.
- You Should have more than 10,000 followers.
- You should have strong engagement on your account.
- Must be above 18 years old.
With this article, you have learned how to get monetized on Instagram. Now, you can enable the monetization tools mentioned in this guide to kickstart your earnings on Instagram and turn your passion for content creation into a profitable business. In Addition, you need to shine out from the crowd as a Content Influencer. So, be authentic, creative, and consistent in your content creation work and you will see growth in no time.
Was this article helpful?